Alhamdulillah, SimplyIslam is pleased to announce a special in-house talk by a visiting scholar, Imam Afroz Ali on the topic “Servant Leadership – The Prophetic Way“.
Prophet Muhammad salallahu alaihi wasallam said “The master or leader of the people (nation) is the one who serves them (sayyid al qawm khadimuhum).” This is essentially the concept of Servant Leadership. From the corpus of Islamic traditions and the Islamic civilisation, we have learnt that this teaching of Prophet Muhammad salallahu alaihi wasallam is exemplified through the companions like Sayyidina Abu Bakar, Sayyidina Umar and many others (may Allah be pleased with them all).
Servant-leaders are transformational leaders who actively foster collaboration by serving others. The Servant Leader always pursue the welfare of others before themselves, placing others before himself, and guiding people towards good. This concept of the Servant Leader has always been a part of Islam. Insha’Allah, Imam Afroz Ali will discuss this subject further and guide us towards an understanding and appreciation of the prophetic and sacred approaches of being a Servant Leader.
About Imam Afroz Ali [more details]
- Born in Fiji and resident in Australia
- Completed formal studies at University of New South Wales.
- Pursued Islamic studies at the University of Madina, moving to traditional Ijazaah based studies in US with Sh Hamza Yusuf, Yemen with Habib Umar Bin Hafiz & Mauritania with Shaykh Murabit al Hajj
- Specialist in Fiqh and the works of Imam Al Ghazali
- Managing Director of senior instructor at Seekers Guidance Online Academy
- Founder & president of Al-Ghazzali Centre for Islamic Sciences & Human Development
- Founder of Australian National Crescent Sighting Coordination Centre
- Founder of the Ansaar Project (philanthropic organisation based in Sydney)
- Recipient of the International Ambassador for Peace award
- An Australian Ambassador for the Charter for Compassion
- Reads widely on environmental science, ethics and practical spirituality
- Passionately interested in ecology, well-being and human psychology