SimplyIslam.sg is pleased to announce a special lecture by a visiting prolific writer and eminent scholar of Islam, Shaykh Muhammad Hisham Kabbani, Chairman of the Islamic Supreme Council of America [click here for biodata]. Details:
Date: Sunday 2 May 2010
Time: 5 pm
Fee: $20 (Adult Individual) | $15 (Student)
Venue: Singapore Expo Conference Hall A (1 Expo Drive)
Fee includes Free “Essence of Al-Mustafa” CD by Aashiq Al-Mustafa, a pop nasheed group from United Kingdom. For details, registration and online payment, visit www.simplyislam.sg. Cash & credit card payment also available at Wardah Books located at 58 Bussorah Street. For enquiries, call 65474407 or email [email protected]
Prophet Muhammad salallahu alaihi wasallam brought a message that was revolutionary: enlightenment and education that immediately ushered people out of wayward darkness into guiding light, from unrealistic life to realistic life, from evil to good. The traditions and examples of Prophet Muhammad are a vast reservoir of examples from which we can draw to quench our thirst for self-improvement and true guidance.
Prophet Muhammad’s mercy sheltered all humanity – men, women and children, and he was merciful to all creatures including plants and animals. Allah Almighty describes the beauty of His Beloved Messenger and his kindness and mercy:
- And We have not sent you but as a mercy to the worlds. (Al-Qur’an, 21:107)
- There has come unto you a messenger from among yourselves; grievous to him is your falling into distress, full of concern for you; to the believers he is full of kindness, merciful. (Al-Qur’an, 9:128).
- And We have not sent you but as a mercy to the worlds. (Al-Qur’an, 21:107).
- They swear by Allah to you (Muslims) to please you, but Allah, with His messenger, hath more right that they should please Him if they are believers. (Al-Qur’an, 9:62)
- Truly, Allah and His angels send praise and blessings [forever] upon the Prophet. O ye who believe! Praise and bless the Prophet with utmost laud and blessing. (Al-Qur’an, 33:56)
- And We have not sent thee (O Muhammad) except as a bringer of good tidings and a warner unto all mankind; but most of mankind know not. (Al-Qur’an, 34:28)
- Say, (O Muhammad, to mankind): If ye love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (Al-Qur’an, 3:31)
- Truly you are of a magnificient character. (Al-Qur’an, 68:4)
Prophet Muhammad is the best of Allah’s creation, the perfect human being, and the Jewel of Creation. The lecture will expound details of the life of Prophet Muhammad, highlighting his love and respect for all humanity, the depth of his compassion and mercy for all creation, and his perfect example as a role model for anyone who seeks the ultimate proximity to God and perfection as a human being. The lecture ultimately endeavours to enhance one’s love for the Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him.