Shaykh Umar bin Hussein Al-Khatib
Shaykh Umar bin Hussein Al-Khatib Al-Ansari Al-Ausi was born in 1969, in the blessed Hadramawt Valley in South Yemen.
Shaykh Umar Al-Khatib had been a devoted student of the Islamic Sciences, having memorised the Quran and embarked on studies in various Islamic sciences, with scholars in the Hadramaut Valley, at a young age.
He counts the following ulama’ as his teachers:
- Al-Habib Al-Allamah Umar bin Alwi Al-Kaff
- Al-Habib Al-Allamah Umar bin Ahmad Al-Mash’hur
- Al-Habib Al-Allamah Hassan bin Abdullah As-Shathiry
- Al-Habib Al-Allamah Salim bin Abdullah As-Shathiry
- Al-Habib Al-Allamah Ali Mash’hur bin Muhammad Hafidh
- The late Mufti of Tarim, Shaykh Fadhl bin Abdul Rahman Bafadhl
- Al-Habib Al-Allamah Umar bin Muhammad bin Salim bin Hafidh
Shaykh Umar Al-Khatib is a faqih (an expert in Islamic jurisprudence) and currently serves as a senior teacher and a fatwa committee member at the world renowned Darul Mustafa Institute of Islamic Sciences. He currently teaches Fiqh, Aqidah, Al-Quran, and Hadith.He is also an Imam and Khatib for the Juma’ah and Eid prayers at Masjid Ar-Raudhah, Aidid, Tarim.
Shaykh Umar Al-Khatib regularly travels around the world such as to Europe, Syria, Egypt, Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore to teach the Islam sciences.